By Doug McDonnal Sometimes positivity comes in the form of hearing the right words at the right time. Alex Clare has many of these words with his songs like “I Won’t Let You Down”, “Tightrope” and “Relax My Beloved”. Alex is the kind of musician that musicians are glad to know still exist. He brings [...]
Convio, a leading provider of engagement solutions that helps non-profits fundraise and do more for their missions, announced today the results of its 2012 Online Marketing Nonprofit Benchmark Index Study. The annual study focuses on non-profits’ website traffic and registration, email file growth, online revenue and advocacy.
“The master in the art of living makes little distinction between his work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and his body, his information and his recreation, his love and his religion. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence at whatever he does, leaving others [...]
We hear every day about all the things wrong with our education system: the students who are not prepared for a college education and need remediation when they get there; the dilapidated school buildings and antiquated technology and textbooks; the overcrowded classroomswhere students can’t get adequate attention from their instructors.
When Ted and Ann Nettles talk about the work they do with the Maryland Patriot Guard to help wounded veterans being treated at Walter Reed in Bethesda, it gets personal.
Over the past few years, support for the small-business entrepreneurship sector in developing countries has boomed. Major development finance institutions have launched significant new efforts to support the sector. For example, the IFC launched the G-20 SME Finance Challenge in 2010 to drive innovation in financing to support small-business enterprises. It has since committed $528 [...]
Legislative decisions often get delayed in a presidential-election year, but that makes 2012 a good time to contact members of Congress and their aides, says Jerry McCoy, a Washington lawyer who advises charities.
“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” —Gandhi
Police pulled a man over on Route 29 in Silver Spring last weekbecause of a problem with his plates. This would not ordinarily make international news, but the car was a black Lamborghini, the license plate was the Batman symbol, and the driver was Batman, dressed head-to-toe in full superhero regalia.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Let’s Be Friends.
- Could E-textbooks help students afford college? November 28, 2011
- Team Kids – Inspire and empower young people to become resilient and responsible citizens October 24, 2011
- Act of Kindness #53 December 7, 2011
- Goodwillion.com – Socialize for a good cause July 21, 2012
- Daily deal website Sharing Spree surpasses $335,000 in donations to non-profits and schools July 3, 2012
- Elementary, My Dear Watson June 3, 2012
- Steve Gonzalez: Thanks Nathan. Check out Steven Cooper he is a rea...
- My Positive Music: Great site, and yes it's true about how the mind ...
- Philips Diamondclean HX9332/05: Excellent article. Keep posting such kind of info ...
Tweet. Tweet :D
Follow @bcoolbpositive on Twitter